If the system includes the additional IntelliApp Module, the Practitioner Folder will include the Application Status Tab. This tab allows you to view and follow up on all Action Types or tasks related to tracking the status of practitioner applications.
Within the Actions Tab, users are able to view the names of applications and other forms added to the Practitioner Application Status Tab. In this tab area, there are options to:
· Add Applications and Action Types
· Print Applications
· Use Filters to view specific Action Types
· View Action Type Reports
· Enter Plan ID Numbers
· Enter Notes associated with application names
NOTE: Prior to utilizing Application Status for adding and printing practitioner applications, the applications must be set up in Application Mapping. Refer to Application Mapping.
In addition, to be able to use the Add Payer/Hospital function in the Application Status Tab for adding one or more applications for a selected Facility for the selected practitioner, the user will first need to create Multi-App Templates for the Facility or Facilities using the Multi-App Setup. Refer to the Multi-App Setup.
Applications can be added to a selected Practitioner Folder manually, by using a Multi-App Template defined for the Facility, or by utilizing the Batch Add Applications utility.
On the Application Status Tab, you will see your Facility within the Payor/Hospital window on the left side of this screen.
The fields for Action Type, Action Date, Due Date, Action Department, Action User, Action Status, and Application Type will be empty.
NOTE: The IntelliApp Module uses the Action Type Code of “App Out To MD” and an Action Status of “Incomplete” to identify applications that are to be printed.
1. In the Group/Payor box at upper left, select the Group to which this application will belong. IMPORTANT: you are printing and tracking this application for a specific group or client. If you are a multi-group organization, you must have previously connected the practitioner to a group (not the Default group) with the Batch Add Applications utility.
NOTE: There should already be a blank set of fields to define the Action Type. If necessary, click the Add icon in the Menu Bar to add a set of Action Type fields
2. Select App Out To MD as the Action Type from the Action Type drop down list. IntelliApp uses the Action Type Code of App Out to MD and an action status of Incomplete to identify applications that need to be printed.
3. Enter the Action Date and Due Date.
4. Select the Action Department (i.e. Credentialing) from the drop down list.
5. Select the User Name from the Action User drop down list.
6. Select the Action Status of Incomplete from the Action Status drop down list.
7. Select the Application Type (Initial or Recred) from the App Type drop down list.
8. Click .
9. To add more applications, Click on the Menu Bar and repeat the steps listed above.
Application Notes and Contact Information
For each application action type there is a Notes and Contact Information Button. Clicking the notes button allows you to enter any notes, while clicking the contact information button displays the practitioner contact information. Copies of populated Applications can be stored to the database when printed. When the green checkmark Icon shows, there is a saved image available for that record. Click the icon to view the application.
The Batch Add Applications utility can be used to connect practitioners to groups, add one or more applications to a single practitioner folder, or add applications to multiple practitioner folders all at once.
The Batch Add Applications screen may be accessed from the System menu. When using it to add applications to a single practitioner folder, you may also access it by clicking the Batch Add button under the Payor/Hospital area of the Application Status tab.
For details on how to use this screen, see the section on Batch Add Applications in this Guide.
Another method of adding applications and/or connecting practitioners to a specific group or client is the Multi App Template.
1. Click the Multi App Button to launch the Multi App Select screen.
2. Select a Multi App Template from the drop-down list. Templates are created using the Multi App Setup.
3. Select the applications from the template to be added to the Practitioner Folder by placing a check mark in the Select Box for each Application Name or click .
4. At the right, select additional Action Items to be created for each application if desired. To save the additional items as a default set of Action Types to be created when adding applications in the future, click the Save As Default Button.
5. Click .
To print applications from the Application Status Tab in the Practitioner Folder:
on the Menu Bar
10. The Application Print List for this practitioner contains the applications that need to be printed. These are the applications where there is an Action Type of App Out To MD and a Status of Incomplete.
If you do not want to print an application that is on the Print List, de-select it by removing the check mark.
11. Click to move to the Supporting Documents tab.
12. If you have the Imaging Module, you can attach additional scanned practitioner documents to print along with the application. Click the radio button for the Image Printing Option you wish to use:
a. Application Default Priority: use the defaults set up for the application in Application Mapping; otherwise, print the images selected on this screen.
b. Selected image type: print the images selected on this screen.
c. Print No Images
13. Click .
will select App Recd Prac (Application Received from the Practitioner) to be
added as the next Action Type by default.
This Action Type is used to track the return receipt of the applications. You have the option to change this Action
Type to a different one or add additional Action Types if desired. To add more
action types, click and fill out the Action Type fields.
15. Click .
16. Click . The application image will begin to populate with data and then will print. Once all applications are printed, you may close the IntelliApp Printing window.
· Use the Printer Setup Button to select a specific printer.
· Click General Correspondence to select a specific letter from Letter Setup.
· Click Populate and Email to email the selected information.
· Click Populate and Fax to fax the selected information.
When applications are printed, the image files can be saved in the database so that the user can view those images at any time.
The setting that tells the program whether image files are to be saved to hard disk or saved in the database is made in the Application Settings. Refer to System -> Utilities -> Application Settings.
Once the application is printed and/or emailed, the image is uploaded to the database.
In the Practitioner Folder Applications Detail window a Green Check Mark Button will be enabled whenever there is an image attached to the Action Type record. When clicked, the image shows in a display window showing both thumbnails and application pages.
Because there may be several Action Types and varying Action Statuses associated with a particular application name, IntelliApp includes the ability to filter through the Action Types to assist the user in following up on one or all applications.
5. Click to highlight and select either one application name or All Applications.
Click on the Menu bar.
7. Select the filters from the drop down list.
8. Click . IntelliApp will use the selected criteria to filter through all Application Action Types.
The Quick Filter Selector allows you to filter through All
Action Types or Action Types associated with a selected Application Name. Quick Filter selections utilize the Action
Date or the Due Date in the retrieval of displayed Action Types.
Whether or not you choose to utilize Filters, any information displayed on the Actions Tab in Applications can be viewed on the Report Tab and then printed in a simple report format.
Click the Report Tab. Radio buttons at the top allow
you to display several different reports.
4. Click on the Menu bar.
The Plan IDs Tab located at the bottom of the Application Status Screen will allow you to enter Practitioner Plan ID Numbers that are associated with selected application names.
NOTE: You will first need to edit the Plan Type Lookup Table. Refer to Setup: Lookup Lists.
To enter Plan ID numbers:
Click to highlight and select the Application Name from
the Payor/Hospital Application list.
7. Click on the Menu bar.
8. Enter the Plan Type from the Plan Type drop down list (other Plan Type descriptions can be added to this Lookup Table by selecting the Plan Types Lookup Table from the Lookup Lists.
9. Enter Start and End Dates.
10. Click on the Menu Bar.
Unlike using the Notes Icon on the Menu Bar, Notes entered in Application Status are “global” and, therefore, not linked or connected to a specific Group.
Click to select the Notes Tab.
5. Type notes in the Notes Window.
6. Click on the Menu Bar.
You are also able to batch print one or more applications for one or more practitioners. The Batch Print Applications function can be accessed by selecting the Output Menu and then selecting Application Printing.
As with printing applications for the single practitioner, all applications for the selected practitioners can be printed provided each has an Action Type of App Out To MD and a Status of Incomplete.
14. From the Output Menu, select Application Printing
This will open the IntelliApp Printing Window.
15. Click the Add Button to open the Practitioner Search Window
16. Select the Group to which practitioners and practitioner applications are connected
NOTE: The search window displays both practitioner names and the applications needing to be printed for each practitioner.
You will also see that the Search On field selection already displays “Apps Needing Printing.” The program will search for all applications having an Action Type called “App Out to MD” and the status for this Action Type is “Incomplete.”
18. Click the check boxes adjacent to the practitioner names
The program builds the print list containing the practitioner name(s), the Facility Name(s) and application name(s)
20. Click the Button to navigate to the Supporting Documents Tab
The Supporting Documents Tab provides Image Printing Options. When you have scanned additional documents for the practitioner(s) you may also need to print those out with the applications.
21. Select the desired printing option
22. Click the Button to navigate to the Application Status Tab
The Application Status Tab provides the ability to choose one or more additional Action Types that will be added to the Application Status Details for each practitioner once the application printing is completed.
The program will select App Rcvd Prac (Application received back from the practitioner) as the default next Action Type. You are able to select another from the drop down list if desired. You may also choose to delete the additional Action Type by clicking the Delete Button prior to proceeding to the next step.
23. Click the Button to navigate to the Populate and Print Tab
In the final step you have several printing choices:
24. Click to automatically populate the selected applications with the practitioner data and send the print job to the default printer
25. Click to automatically populate the selected applications with the practitioner data and fax the applications
NOTE: Your computer must be set up for faxing documents.
26. Click to automatically populate the selected applications and then email them to the practitioner(s)
NOTE: The practitioner must have an email address entered in the Address Data screen and that address record must be the Mailing Address that is linked to the Facility you are printing applications for.
A populated application can be edited before printing. emailing, etc. Check the Edit Before Printing checkbox before clicking one of the Populate buttons.
After the application has populated,
When there is a correspondence letter you wish to send to the practitioner relating to his/her applications:
2. Click the Button to open the Practitioner Correspondence Generator.
Follow the steps for printing practitioner correspondence as described in Printing General Correspondence Letters.
IntelliApp has the ability to track the Application process. The process flow is set up in the Application Tracking Setup utility. From system on the menu, select Utilities, and click the button.
In the Application Tracking Setup window you can define up to 10 process steps.
The step types are from the Action Types lookup table.
The description is how the step will appear on reports. It should be kept short.
The final Step defines the last step in the process for calculating the total days to complete the process.
If checked, Auto generate next Action Item will create the Action record when one is completed.
Auto calculate from Action Items will calculate the time between steps as they are completed.
To view the tracking from the Practitioner folder Applications tab, click the
The process Tracking screen will show the completion dates and the days between each step completion. The Action Records currently connected to Process are also displayed in the lower part of the screen.
To print a report click the button.